The Studios were set up by the Arts Office of Clare County Council to provide workspaces for visual artists in the county. The 7 artists’ studios are located in the idyllic setting of the renovated stables in Tulla Co. Clare. Built in 1812 by the local landowners, the Brady-Browns, the coach houses and stables were assigned to local, Protestant families attending church at St. Mochulla’s Church of Ireland (now demolished). The Stables were acquired by Clare County Council in the late 1950’s.
The Tulla Stables Studios Complex was developed by the Arts Office of Clare County Council in response to the need for dedicated studio facilities for visual artists in County Clare. It was funded by the ACCESS programme of the Dept. of Arts, Sports & Tourism and by Clare County Council. It was officially opened in November 2007 by Minister for the Arts, Síle de Valera.
Each studio is fully equipped with power, water, storage , wi-fi with access to w/c & shower facilities, private car parking, kiln and workshop space. Each artist is issued with a legal license agreement for their studio at the complex.
Each artist is required to pay a monthly license fee of €150 to cover costs
All studios are currently fully occupied at the Tulla Stables.
To receive information when the next round of offers takes place please contact email@example.com
2011 Best Conservation Project Clare Design and Conservation Awards Scheme
2007 Best Public Building in Ireland Local Authority Members Association Awards