The Embrace Residency Award Programme
The Embrace Residency Programme has been designed to create the following opportuities for artists with disabilities at all levels in their arts practice and to support artists who facilitate projects and teach creative workshops in the area of arts & disability.
The programme aims to achieve the following.
- To offer participants the opportunity to engage in and enjoy inclusive, high quality, well supported residencies and projects across all art forms.
- To offer artist’s at all levels who have a disability the opportunity to develop their arts practises and professional skills.
- To offer professional arts facilitators whose arts practise centers on Arts and Disability the opportunity for employment and the opportunity to develop their professional skills.
Each year the Embrace programme offers a number of awards under the following strands.
- Artists Residencies: This award is open to organisations and artists on our Embrace Artist’s panel who wish to make a joint application to deliver high quality participatory arts projects to participants. Award amount €1,200
- One to One Residencies: This award is open to artists with disabilities who wish to avail of in-depth one to one tutoring and whose arts practice may benefit from a tailored and focused studio support with a professional artist. Applications can be submitted by an organisation and participant with input from selected professional artist or by an independent artist. Award amount €1,200
- Mentoring Award: This award is for artists who have a disability and who wish to avail of mentoring support to develop their professional practice in a specific area. This award is most suited to individuals who have been practicing a specific art form for over a number of years and who wish to focus on developing a specific professional skill and take their practice to the next level. The award can be spent on a developing specific artistic/professional skills through the support of a nominated peer mentor and or engaging in a short course/series of workshops/purchase of specialist materials and tools. Award amount €500. The deadline for this award is ongoing , please contact email@example.com for further info.
- Artists may apply for several residencies (up to five) with a number of different organisations. Awards are assessed by an independent panel made up of professional artists, curators with expertise in the field of Arts and Disability.
Call for applications
Embrace Residency Awards 2021-2022
Applications are now being accepted for the Embrace Residency Awards 2021-2022. For details on how to apply and to access the online application form please click this link:
Click to view projects delivered by our Embrace Artists -Embrace 2020/2021 Programme