- Embrace Arts and Disability Award Programme 2020-2021
- Name of Artist: Shona MacGillivray
- Group: Clare Crusaders, Barefield, Co Clare
- Participants: Two small groups of 4
- Age group:8-10yrs, and 14-17 yrs.
Aims and context of the project: To reconnect the participants with some of their peers through expressive visual art, and to have some fun and hands on time with tactile materials . The artist worked in a small group to create large pieces in print, mixed media, drawing and marbling papers. The theme of Family was explored and those who could drew pictures of themselves and family members. One large piece was photographed and prints made, the other cut up into choice pieces for displaying in a hand made “exploding” book. Participants also assisted in creating the book.
Click to view the exploding book!