13 January 2023
The Assistance under the Arts Act Grants Scheme from Clare County Council is now open for applications.
Under the scheme assistance may be given to arts activities that
- stimulate public interest in the arts
- provide knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts
- improve the standard of the arts in Clare.
There are 4 categories of support:
- Artist Support – Support for individual artists / artists projects
- Organisational Support / Events & Projects Assistance – Support for arts organisations general activities and for once off or key events in the county
- Traditional Arts – Support specifically relating to the traditional arts e.g. music & dance
- Festivals – Only available to those festivals in receipt of Arts Council Funding (all others should apply under Events & Projects Assistance)
The maximum amount of funding for Categories 1 – 4 is €1000 but due to the large number of applications annually the average grant is much lower than this.
Applicants may only make one application.
Street Art/ Murals will not be considered through this grant scheme. A separate scheme for these will be announced in February 2023 supported by Creative Ireland.
Full details on how to make an application can be found at the link below.