Who are we?
Established as the first Local Authority Arts Office in the country in 1986, Clare Arts Office has led the way in arts development and supports for artists at local level for many years.
You can contact us at email@example.com or 065 689 9091 (messages are checked daily whilst remote working).
- Siobhán Mulcahy, County Arts Officer
- Sandra Stackpoole, Assistant Staff Officer
- Ceara Conway, Artist in Schools Co-ordinator and Arts & Disability Co-ordinator
- Eleanor Feely, Clare Youth Theatre Co-Ordinator
- Tom Corry, Theatre Attendant in Cultúrlann Sweeney, Kilkee
You can find us in the Library Headquarters, Mill Road, Ennis, Co.Clare V95 FX32 although we are currently working remotely.
What we do?
The Arts Office of Clare County Council runs and supports arts events, programmes and projects annually throughout the county. We also offer funding supports, professional development supports and networking opportunities to artists in a variety of ways annually. When we speak of artists we speak of all those engaged in creative activity such as musicians, dancers, writers, film makers, performers, visual artists etc.
Our definition of artists and supports for artists are enabled by the 2003 Arts Act which defines the arts as ‘ any creative or interpretative expression (whether traditional or contemporary) in whatever form, and including in particular, visual arts, theatre, literature, music, dance, opera, film, circus and architecture and includes any medium when used for those purposes.
Our programmes and projects derive from:
- Flourish – Clare Arts Development Plan 2019 – 2023
- Culture and Creativity Strategy 2018 – 2022
- Making Great Art Work – Arts Council Strategy 2016 – 2025
We are supported annually in our endeavours by
- Clare County Council
- The Arts Council of Ireland
- Creative Ireland
- HSE Mid West
- Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media
- Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage
We also receive support from other organisations, departments and agencies on a project by project basis.