29 May 2023
Teacher Artist Partnership + (TAP+) together with the Association of Local Authority Arts Officers are pleased to launch a Call Out for Artists/ Creative Practitioners to participate in the 2023 Face-to-Face TAP+ Programme.
TAP+ CPD Summer Course & Residency programme is open to Artists / Creative Practitioners (in all art forms / creative practices) who are committed to sharing creativity with children and teachers in primary and special schools. This Arts in Education initiative is led by the Department of Education under the Creative Youth pillar of Creative Ireland. TAP+ offers artists and creative practitioners’ specialist, 5-day training to work in partnership with teachers from the 3rd – 7th July. Training allowance of €150 per day is included (€750 total) in addition to an in-school residency (€1,100 Fee inclusive of €200 travel) to carry out a 20-hour project (14 contact hours plus 6 planning and preparation hours) in partnership with your TAP+ trained teacher and their children in the 2023/2024 academic year.
Artists / Creative Practitioners must…
● have and demonstrate 3 years minimum professional practise in any art form / creative practice
● demonstrate interest in Arts and Creativity in Education
● be willing to share learning and work in equal partnership with teachers and children
● bring a sense of fun, joy and collaboration with professional dedication and high artistic vision
● be willing to undertake child protection training as part of the induction week, and undergo standard Garda
vetting before taking up project placements
● complete at least one or two TAP+ & BLAST in-school Residencies following completion of the TAP+ CPD
To apply for TAP+ Summer Course and Residency please send expressions of interest to the Director of your local Clare
Education Support Centre (ESC): https://www.esci.ie/
no later than 5pm on Friday 23rd June 2023.
Expressions of interest must include a letter of max 600 words, accompanied by a CV or short bio with links to images or samples of
relevant work. Letter must include: 1. Where you trained 2. Brief description of your practice 3. Why you want to work in partnership
with a teacher and with children in schools 4. What qualifies you to take up this opportunity.
Places on TAP+ are limited to four Artists / Creative Practitioners per full time ESC. Final decision on participating artists/creative practitioners will be taken by the Director of the local ESC in collaboration with the Local Authority Arts Office. Any queries in relation to the TAP+ CPD Summer Course and Residency should be directed to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 23rd June – late applications will not be accepted