The Courthouse Gallery & Studios is located in Ennistymon, Co Clare, and is an integral part of the area’s cultural life. Housed in a Georgian courthouse building dating from 1790, The Courthouse was saved from demolition by local history group, The Old Ennistymon Society. It was first developed as artist studios in 1997, with support from the Arts Council. The late redevelopment was undertaken with the aid of Access Funding received from the then Department of Regional Development, Rural Affairs, Arts and the Gaeltacht, and support from Clare County Council. Reopening in 2007 as The Courthouse Gallery & Studios, it is comprised of four artists’ studios, a workshop space, a sound recording studio, and two gallery spaces.